Cambridge students like to work hard and play hard, and Peterhouse is no exception. The ‘Ents’ team aim to cater for all tastes, and typical events include:
- Bops bops bops! Every term there are one or two fancy dress bops – fabulous parties held in our bar, exclusive for Peterhouse students. 2015/2016 saw students dressing up as hot-dogs and popcorn boxes for a movie-themed night of hilarity, and then later in the year we donned our baseball caps and sneakers for an American frat party, complete with a live band, beer pong and, of course, doughnuts.
- Garden Party – this elegant affair happens after exams and is a great way for students to unwind. This year, in spite of the torrential rain, students were treated to a virtual reality machine, peddle go-karts, a seemingly never-ending barbecue and gorgeous gelato from a local Cambridge supplier.
- Open Mic nights – we have regular open mic nights to showcase the best of Peterhouse talent.
- Christmas Party – at the end of Michaelmas term, Peterhouse dresses up for a fancy meal and a night of dancing.
- May Ball – Peterhouse hosts a white-tie ball bi-annually – and 2017 is our next one!
More generally the college bar and JCR (Junior Common Room) (are open every day. Both have large TVs, the JCR also has a games console and free pool table! There are 5 clubs in Cambridge - each night tends to have a particular club or two associated with it, and you will always find some Petreans up for going out.